The Student News Site of Legacy High School

Lightning Letter

Lightning Letter

Lightning Letter

In Memory of Christopher Reagan: the Chris Reagan Memorial Golf Tournament

On November 23rd, 2008, Legacy High School lost a cherished member of its community when Christopher Reagan, a senior and four-year soccer starter, passed away in a car accident.

In memory of his leadership, passion for soccer, love for life, and unique individuality, the Chris Reagan Memorial Foundation was established. The foundation strives to provide scholarships for students across Legacy High School and other local programs with its commitment to engaging the community.

A prior CKR game with the Legacy girls’ team. Courtesy of the Chris Reagan Memorial Foundation.

One of their primary events is the annual Chris Reagan Memorial Golf Tournament, which honors Christopher’s memory and raises funds for their scholarships and donations. Through this event, the CKR Foundation supported the community with two $1000 soccer scholarships and Legacy with approximately $25,000 in donations and scholarships. To support their cause, join the four-person scramble on Friday, June 21st at Coyote Creek Golf Course. Online registration is now open.

A prior CKR game by the Legacy boys’ team. Courtesy of the Chris Reagan Memorial Foundation.

In addition to the tournament, Legacy soccer teams pay tribute through the annual Orange Game or CKR Game, players donning special orange jerseys as a remembrance. This year, the girls game is on April 23rd at 6:00 P.M. at Five Star Stadium.

We encourage everyone to join us in celebrating Christopher’s legacy and contributing to the future of Legacy students. Through this support, our student community can thrive in leading a brighter place in honor of his memory.