Lightning Letter

A Final Hoorah

Back to Article
Back to Article

A Final Hoorah

Bella Hammond

Bella Hammond

Bella Hammond

Bella Hammond and Whitney Le

There’s only one more day left of the Thanksgiving Drive, so that means it’s time to give it your all Legacy! There are people out there who need your help to set food on the table.

If you didn’t already know, the Thanksgiving Drive is Legacy’s contribution to Broomfield Feeding Families and Fueling Hope (FISH). This is a local organization that provides food and financial aid to residents in need.

We spoke with Kayla Wong, a Sophomore at our school and member of StuGo. When asked how she felt donating, Wong responded, “I am thankful for what I have now and want to give to people who are less fortunate.  Knowing I have helped someone in any sort of way gives me a feeling of responsibility.”

I am thankful for what I have now and want to give to people who are less fortunate.”

She went on to say that “In the past , we received letters from families who benefited from a Thanksgiving meal box… and we want to continue to affect these families and many other families in the same way.”

Tomorrow is your last chance to donate for Legacy, so let’s make it count!

To learn more information, go to the Broomfield FISH website or watch this video.

Full Interview:

Kayla Wong

How do you hope to affect families and people during this holiday?

• This holiday season, we hope to give less fortunate families in our community a joyful and memorable Thanksgiving meal. In the past , we received letters from families who benefited from a Thanksgiving meal box that we prepared saying how much we have positively impacted their holiday season and we want to continue to affect these families and many other families in the same way.

How do you feel when you donate?

• Giving to others who are in need makes me feel good and generous. I am thankful for what I have now and want to give to people who are less fortunate.  Knowing I have helped someone in any sort of way gives me a feeling of responsibility.

How do you keep track of all the food donated for each class?

• For our Fall Giving Drive, we have set up a system that tracks each class with their points. Each day during second period we go around collecting the donations in each classroom and then tally those points with our point system that is posted in the classrooms, with this, we add all of the points up for the classroom then divide that by the number of students each class. We then add it up after each day.

What is the process of taking all of the donated food to FISH?

• All of the donated food that we receive for the giving drive is put into crates that FISH has provided us. The food that we receive is categorized in these crates and is picked up the day after the giving drive is over (Thursday 11/15)

Will STUGO be there when FISH is distributing the food?

• Student Government will not be there when FISH is distributing the donated food.

Who is in the lead right now?

• The class that is in the lead right now is Mr. Stansberry’s class.
About the Writer
Whitney Le, Staff Member

Whitney is one of the newest members of the Lightning Letter Club. She mostly enjoys mathematics, learning, assisting others with school work, etc. Although...

• A Final Hoorah

News

A Happily Ever After for Legacy

• A Final Hoorah

News

Spring is Here!

• A Final Hoorah

News

We Play Unified

• A Final Hoorah

News

New Year, New Faces

• A Final Hoorah

News

All Bands Concert

• A Final Hoorah

News

Blood Drive

• A Final Hoorah

News

Winter Sports

• A Final Hoorah

News

Talent Show

• A Final Hoorah

News

80’s Dodgeball

• A Final Hoorah

News

Cookies and Cram

The Student News Site of Legacy High School
A Final Hoorah