Cookies and Cram

Kenneth Hora and Corinne Neustadter

December can inspire a wealth of emotions in students. For one, it’s the last month of school before winter break, giving students something to look forward to. On the other hand, it represents the onslaught of tests, presentations, and papers due up until the very last day of school. Final exams can cause many students to feel overwhelmed and stressed, but events such as Cookies and Cram give students the opportunity to reach out to peers and friends to end the semester on a high note.

Cookies and Cram, hosted by Student Government, lets students seek help with various subjects while also hanging out with friends and munching on cookies.This year marked StuGo’s third annual event, with over 100 students from all grade levels in attendance.

Sophomore Jackie Maness and senior Camryn Eck of Student Government organized the event and gave some insight into how it’s set up. First, they filled out standard paperwork which is required to host any StuGo event at Legacy; they then emailed teachers to ask them to volunteer their time and recommend any peer tutors that would be available. They also reached out to King Soopers to donate $25 gift cards to buy cookies. All told, organizing the event is tougher than it looks, and requires coordination from teachers, administrators, and students alike.

Finals can be tough on both teachers and students, but it’s important to reach out for help if you need it. It may just prepare you even more for those arduous final exams. As these reporters overheard, “all that matters is that an A is an A is an A.”