Trick Or Treat Street

Whitney Le and Kenny Hora

On Oct. 27th, 2018, Trick or Treat Street was held at Legacy High School for children to attend and get all the Halloween candy they could. It was filled with exciting booths featuring games and other activities. One such booth was Battle of the Books’ Harry Potter booth, where children had a chance to play Quidditch by throwing golden balls into three different hoops.

Right next to the Quidditch Toss was the Sorting Hat. Children came up and sat onto a chair as the Sorting Hat was placed on their heads. Afterward, Chris from Battle of the Books, dressed as a Gryffindor, would then proceed to shout the different houses in which the children were sorted. This great booth won the small clubs booth decoration competition for all of the effort they put in to creating a great experience for everyone.

Robotics club allowed the trick-or-treaters to play with some of the team’s robots by handing them an Xbox controller. Young children were given the opportunity to steer and move two robots while the lights on the robots lit up in all the colors of the rainbow.

Near the front office entrance, the orchestra students used violins, cellos, and violas to play music fit for Halloween, and people would sit down on chairs and listen. Some of the other popular booths included Model United Nations and Environmental Clubs’ Berlin Wall, where children wrote their own graffiti, Interact Club with their “Pin the tail on Eeyore,” and Cheer at the “Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory” in the large gym. At the Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory booth, Cheer members dressed up as Oompa Loompas and danced while people walked along a trail.

Aside from this, Student Government put on a great haunted house for people to explore. It was hot in the hallway leading up to the entrance, but it was well worth the wait. After that, people were led behind a curtain into the entrance of the haunted house. A short video was shown to everyone to set an ominous mood, as each group would soon venture into the main parts of the Haunted House. It was dark with dim lighting only to be seen when walking between sections. While venturing, shadowy figures would appear wearing white dresses or other attire with blood stains on their clothing, with the added effect of strobe lighting. Outside of the different sections of the Haunted House, scary figures paced up and down the hallways, whispering into people’s ears. Screams of terror were heard throughout the adventure. Sometimes, there were even occasional jumpscares as figures sneaked up behind people. It’s evident that Student Government took a lot of time and effort in order to create such an entertaining attraction for everyone attending.

Legacy’s Trick or Treat Street was a great event for everyone attending, as they were able to experience the joy of trick-or-treating through the hallways and the scariness of the haunted house.