Lightning Letter

Peach Fuzz

Isabella Hammond and Anna Hartwick

After school this past Wednesday, students gathered in the large gym for Legacy’s Homecoming Peach Fuzz. Three volleyball courts were set up for a friendly competition that involved seven teams. Whichever team that reached 21 points before their opponent moved on.

Non-player students stood on the sidelines while volunteer refs stood guard by the nets, calling plays. The atmosphere became feverish as the first volleyballs where served.

The games soon grew intense, with sliding saves and surprise spikes. With the way the tournament was set, a team was out of the tournament as soon as they lost a game. But school spirit didn’t stop there: teams that lost still got to play other teams.

In the last game, the Pass it to the Italians took on the Wasians. The game was full of impressive tricks, and a circle of cheering students soon formed around the middle court. Tensions grew high as each team scored a point and every player gave their all.

Joe Southern serves a volleyball.

In the end, the Wasians (pictured above) won, 21 to 16.

Overall, Peach Fuzz was an exciting student event. Players and spectators both enjoyed the games—even if the gym started to get a little smelly. Hopefully, we will see you there next year!

Top photo: The Wasians won this year. The team included, left to right, Joe Southern, Jerry Thao, Chris Vang, Austin Yang, and Suyeng Vue.

About the Writers
Isabella Hammond, News Editor

Bella is the News Editor for the Lightning Letter. She is a sophomore who loves reading, writing, and obsessing over fictional characters. Her favorite book is Skulduggery Pleasant and her favorite singer is Ruelle. Bella is the best person to talk to if you hate a book or movie.

If you need to email me for editing: [email protected]

Anna Hartwick, President

Anna is the President and Fiction Editor for the Lightning Letter. Mostly, she enjoys investigating topics and publishing under Opinion or News. Other things she enjoys includes books, old music that no one listens to, and camping. She is a sophomore.

You can contact her by at [email protected]

• Peach Fuzz

Features

Stage Door

• Peach Fuzz

News

Monster Mystery Winners

• Peach Fuzz

Features

Trick Or Treat Street

• Peach Fuzz

News

A Tale of Two Bands: Legacy and Westlake Play Together

• Peach Fuzz

Features

Fun Fact Friday

• Peach Fuzz

News

Monster Mystery

• Peach Fuzz

News

Behind Homecoming

• Peach Fuzz

News

First Scrimmage of the Season for Legacy Football Teams

• Peach Fuzz

News

LHS Welcomes New Football Coach

• Peach Fuzz

Opinion

13 Reasons Why TV Show Review

The Student News Site of Legacy High School
Peach Fuzz